The Christmas and holiday season is a wonderful season to get together with family and friends to celebrate the birth of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and to show love, spread cheer and to give gifts to your loved ones and to those who are less fortunate. If you desire to give gifts and bless people around you who may not have much money this Christmas season, you can make inexpensive gift baskets by using dollar-store items and even marked-down items from other stores in your area.
You will need several items to complete your gift baskets including gift baskets, gift items, gift paper to place inside each basket, clear plastic paper that is large enough to wrap around the gift basket and ribbon.
Making gift baskets is an easy and fun craft that you can do, even, with your children. It only takes a few minutes to complete a basket. By following a few simple steps, you can have several beautiful gift baskets completed in a limited amount of time.
- Plan a day for shopping and purchase several gift baskets according to the amount of gift baskets that you plan to give away.
- Peruse through the dollar store to get an idea of what’s available to choose from. Look for items to go into the basket according to what the gift receiver might like and appreciate. If it’s someone that you know well, look for items that you know the person would be thankful for.
- You should purchase about five to seven items to place into your gift basket. However, the size of your gift basket will determine how many items that you will need to purchase. If you are interested in making small gift baskets, you may only need to purchase three to five items. If the basket is larger, you may need to purchase five to seven items.
- You can, also, be creative and make smaller gift baskets for older children, teens and adults, for example, and make larger baskets for smaller children, your mother, father, a special aunt or uncle. Whatever you decide to do, you will have lots of fun being creative as you customize each gift basket that you make according to each individual’s interest.
- After you have purchased all of the items that you need, find a special place to work and separate each basket and gifts items according to each person. Once you have separated the gifts according to each person, place gift paper inside of each basket.
- You will, then, place the gift items inside of the basket and position the gifts in a pleasantly, presentable manner. You may need to use additional gift paper to support the gift items in the basket.
- Once the gift items are arranged in the basket according to your liking, place the clear wrapping paper on the surface that you are working on and sit the gift basket on top of it.
- Take all corners of the clear wrapping paper and bring them upward. Choose a ribbon, according to the colors in the basket, and tie the ribbon around the top of the wrapping paper closing up the opening. You can now make a beautiful bow tie with the ribbon.