Party goers will love participating in the Bobbing for Candy, Candy Corn Pumpkin Toss and Mummy Wrap Relay Halloween activities. These games are the perfect addition to any child’s Halloween party or carnival.
Bobbing for Candy
A cross between bobbing for apples and playing in slime, bobbing for candy is sure to elicit squeals of excitement, and all those kids who dare stick their hand in the cauldron of slime will be rewarded with a sweet treat! The bobbing for candy Halloween activity is the perfect addition to any child’s Halloween party.
- A large plastic witches’ cauldron
- Green, purple or orange Jello, enough to fill up the cauldron (approximately five or six packages, depending on the size of your cauldron.)
- Individually packaged Halloween candy
- Hand wipes
How to Play:
- Prepare Jello, according to package directions. For best results, use the Jello Jigglers recipe variation.
- Put the Halloween candy in the witches’ cauldron.
- Once all the Jello is set, use your hand to “crumple” it up into pieces.
- Pour the crumpled pieces of Jello into the witches’ cauldron on top of the candy.
- Using your hands, mix up the Jello and the candy.
- It’s time for candy bobbing! Allow kids to dig their hand into the slime and retrieve a Halloween treat. Keep the hand wipes accessible to clean up sticky hands and candy.
Candy Corn Pumpkin Toss
A Halloween version of a classic carnival game, the candy corn pumpkin toss will delight party goers and turn up the friendly competition as they try and toss candy corns into plastic pumpkins for points. And everyone gets to eat their candy corns after the game! What could be better than that?
- Large bag of candy corn
- One or more plastic pumpkin trick-or-treat buckets
- Masking tape
- A variety of small prizes, like Halloween pencils and toys.
How to Play:
- Set up the plastic pumpkin(s) in an open area. If using multiple pumpkins, arrange them similar to bowling pins.
- Assign a point value to each pumpkin; more points for pumpkins in the back.
- Make a large X with two pieces of masking tape in front of the pumpkin(s). This will be the spot where participants will stand to toss their candy into the pumpkin.
- Position the first player on the masking tape X, and give him/her 10 pieces of candy corn.
- Instruct the player to try and toss his/her candy corn pieces one at a time into the pumpkin(s).
- Tally up the number of candy corns made into the pumpkin(s) and their point value.
- Award the player a prize based on the points he/she earned.
Mummy Wrap Relay
The mummy wrap relay is a simple, yet spooktacular, activity for kids’ Halloween parties. Party goers will have a ball turning one of their fellow players into a toilet paper mummy. So much so they’ll probably want to do it more than once!
- Toilet paper (Two rolls for each team)
How to Play:
- Divide kids up into teams of two.
- Have each team pick one child to be the “mummy.”
- Set the timer for three minutes, and have players wrap their “mummy” in toilet paper from head to toe.
- Time’s up! The team with the best “mummy” wins.
Celebrate Halloween with themed holiday games, that kids and adults will find absolutely spooktacular!