Costumes for Women 2017
Women have the hardest time shopping for costumes. Some women want to be sexy, others just want to be something different. Here are a few costume options for women this Halloween season.
Many women want to dress in a way they would not dress any other day: sexy. Finding short cut, tight fitting costumes is not hard at all. Most all stores sell these types of costumes for women.
Here is a list of costume options that are sexy, and available at retail stores and specialty stores:
- Greek Goddesses and Egyptian princesses (always in style, and almost always available)
- French maid
- sexy sailor girl, police officer, and fire fighter
- bar maid
- she devil
- Alice in Wonderland costumes
- Transformer costumes
- Princess Leia costumes
For super sexy costume options, check out Halloween and Costumes. Most of these, with the exception of the “Alice in Wonderland” and “Transformer” costumes, are available at stores such as: Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Party City.
Depending on the character, some costumes will be more revealing or less revealing. Some character costumes include wigs, jewelry, masks, and other accessories, while others do not. Here are some classic and not so classic character costume options for women:
- Big Bird
- Mrs. Incredible
- Disney characters: Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Jasmine, Cinderella
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Ms. Lovett from “Sweeny Todd”
- The “Red Queen” from “Alice in Wonderland”
- Jersey Shore “Snooki” costume
- Princess Fiona from “Shrek”
- “I Love Lucy”
- Marilyn Monroe
- Scarlett O’Hara
- “Sandy” from “Grease”
- Raggedy Ann
- Marge Simpson
Be sure when buying these costumes, all the wigs and other items are included. If not, then be sure to pick up the accessories while at the store.
Costumes for Men
Men may not be as ready to dress up for Halloween as women, but for those who are ready; the costume options for men is just as large and fun as women.
Guys enjoy a good super hero movie, and there are plenty of super hero costume’s for the men.
- Iron Man
- Optimus Prime
- Mr. Incredible
- The Thing
- Captain America
These can be found online or at Party City.
Men tend to want to be something silly on Halloween or something scary. Scary options are easy to find, here are a few funny options:
- “Brian” from “Family Guy”
- “Stewie” from “Family Guy”
- Brady Bunch Costumes
- Mario Brother Costumes
- Austin Powers and Dr. Evil
- Muppet Characters
- Cereal and Famous Food Characters
- Mr. Potato Head
There is a large selection of silly costumes for men available at Party City, Target, Wal-Mart, and K-Mart.
Costumes for Couples
Families can easily dress up together this Halloween. Here are some costume ideas for couples and families:
- The Brady Bunch Family. There is a costume for each character in the family, making it great for large families who trick-or-treat, and attend annual get togethers.
- Homer and Marge Simpson
- Mrs. Lovett and Sweeny Todd
- Male and Female Gangster costumes
- Caveman and Cavewoman
- Fred, Wilma, and Pebbles Flintstone
- Barney, Betty, and Bamm Bamm
- Miss Piggy and Kermit
Searching for couples and family costumes can be time consuming, but it is possible to find costumes that go together. If dressing up as actual characters is not desired, then decide on a theme and find matching costumes.
Overall, have fun. Shop early or mid-season (if not, look for deals close to Halloween, since stores will start marking down costumes), and be sure the costumes will arrive in time for Halloween if ordering online.